Vacation and travel experiences around the world.

Latest topics
» Southeast Asia
Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:58 am by brianlao

» Bed and Breakfasts
Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:46 pm by brianlao

» Ice Hotel of Quebec
Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:09 pm by lightfootfan

» My Dear Friend and Admin ISH
Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:13 am by Glad E Olah

» Love to fly
Mon May 20, 2013 3:03 am by lightfootfan

» Weather Links
Sat May 05, 2012 3:28 pm by Glad E Olah

» Train Mode
Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:03 pm by lightfootfan

» Our trip to Ireland August 2010
Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:46 pm by Glad E Olah

» Cocoa Beach Florida 2010
Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:48 pm by Glad E Olah

September 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tenerife. Puerta Dela Cruz

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Tenerife. Puerta Dela Cruz on Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:54 am

ISH

I stayed at the Miramar hotel in Puerta Dela Cruz in Tenerife. The rating is Three Star. To be fair the rating is probably correct.
The brochure, however, describes the hotel as being, on “a slight hill.” The slight hill is actually a small mountain. Roads up to the hotel are in a zigzag pattern because of the steep access.
A fourteen seat bus is provided for the use of residents. This takes residents into the town shopping centre and back to the hotel.
The hotel staff, or at least 90% of them, are opposed to smiling. One feels that they have a fear of their face cracking should they ever grin.
The maid service is a waste of time. To enable a comfortable nights sleep one will need to remake the bed correctly smoothing out the bottom covering. The maids never do this and just straighten top covers.
As this is the only noticeable action that they perform I conclude that their service is superfluous and, I for one, would never miss them if not provided.
Entertainment is diabolical. Two keyboard players operate on alternate nights five different nights of the week. One also plays the trumpet. The dance floor is too miniscule to be of any use for dancing.
All in all I would never choose to stay here again but, surprisingly, people do return on a regular basis.
To sum up. If all one is looking for is a warm place to stay and cares not about entertainment and sullen staff this will suit. An elderly person content to take breakfast and spend the rest of the day until diner in their room will love this hotel. It is not worth seeking the entertainment and bed, after dinner, is the best option.
I was not impressed with the resort but, in general, the hotels do privide entertainment.
A word of warning though. The cost of aspril is ridiculous. We paid over £1 each. If you are prone to headaches or need asprin as a blood thinner take your own along with you.

2 Re: Tenerife. Puerta Dela Cruz on Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:19 pm

lightfootfan

I did some checking on the Miramar, and it seems that your description is quite accurate. But, you failed to mention the lovely views.
Also, the attitudes there may be in line with their 'traditional' values and amenities.
Thanks very much.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum