Vacation and travel experiences around the world.

Latest topics
» Southeast Asia
Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:58 am by brianlao

» Bed and Breakfasts
Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:46 pm by brianlao

» Ice Hotel of Quebec
Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:09 pm by lightfootfan

» My Dear Friend and Admin ISH
Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:13 am by Glad E Olah

» Love to fly
Mon May 20, 2013 3:03 am by lightfootfan

» Weather Links
Sat May 05, 2012 3:28 pm by Glad E Olah

» Train Mode
Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:03 pm by lightfootfan

» Our trip to Ireland August 2010
Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:46 pm by Glad E Olah

» Cocoa Beach Florida 2010
Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:48 pm by Glad E Olah

September 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

You are not connected. Please login or register

Love to fly

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Love to fly on Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:51 am

My fav way to travel is fly. I think it is so exciting. Saves a lot of time also. They used to spoil us on the plane, but now just about everything costs extra.

2 Re: Love to fly on Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:46 pm

lightfootfan

Very true. It is quite expensive, but so much more convenient, until you get to your destination, and find the airport is 30 miles from the city.

3 Re: Love to fly on Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:31 pm

ISH

lightfootfan wrote:Very true. It is quite expensive, but so much more convenient, until you get to your destination, and find the airport is 30 miles from the city.

30 miles! I should be so lucky. I am flying to Atlanta in May and the airport is 170 miles from me. I have to travel over 90 miles when I arrive at Atlanta.

4 Re: Love to fly on Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:53 am

Cokeey

ISH wrote:
lightfootfan wrote:Very true. It is quite expensive, but so much more convenient, until you get to your destination, and find the airport is 30 miles from the city.

30 miles! I should be so lucky. I am flying to Atlanta in May and the airport is 170 miles from me. I have to travel over 90 miles when I arrive at Atlanta.

Better take a soft pillow for your backside... Laughing

5 Re: Love to fly on Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:07 pm

flamingo

Flying can be a quick way to your destination but not always. My husband and I traveled with his job for about 20 years. Most of the time we flew. Years ago it was exciting to fly. Our airport had many flights to many destinations. We lived in Chicago for 4 years and we had to fly out of O'Hare. A non-stop flight from O'Hare was available to many destinations.

We traveled 3 weeks out of the month and it is a hassle. You get up way early to drive to the Airport to be there 1 1/2 -2 hours before flight time. Longer if going overseas. Getting behind someone in the security line that does not fly often was a challenge. People would leave their suitcase and ask if I would watch it while they went to the bathroom. I don't think so. I said take it with you. How do we know what is in there. Parents could not understand why the stroller could not be rolled through the security clearance or why it could not be put in the overhead. People bringing the biggest bags and suitcases they could carry and stuff them into the overhead because they did not want to 'wait' at the baggage claim. That is the fault of the airline personnel not adhering to the size limit rule. What about the characters on board...? The smelly people that have the seat next to you, The family that could not get seats together..book earlier...so they want you to give up your seat so the little one can sit next to them. I don't think so. The people that complain about how small the seats are in coach or they don't have leg room because they are a 'large person'.... buy a business class or first class ticket next time.

Things changed and the airlines cut back on items that could save them big bucks. Routes were dropped from many airports. We moved back to Missouri and the possibility of getting a non-stop flight to anywhere over 500 miles cannot be had. Now most airports will put you on a small jet for a short hop then change planes once or twice to get to your destination. It now takes almost all day to get to your destination. Yes we still fly, but we are glad we do not have to do this 3 weeks in a row anymore...lol

6 Re: Love to fly on Sun May 19, 2013 10:26 pm

Glad E Olah

This is scary!

http://www.weather.com/travel/scariest-airport-runways-20130516

7 Re: Love to fly on Mon May 20, 2013 3:03 am

lightfootfan

Doesn't seem to leave a whole lot of room for error. And I wonder how many people run that stoplight.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum